An articled clerk is entitled to get stipend at the rates prescribed as under:
If the location of the normal place of service of the Articled clerk is a
- City/town having a population of 20 lakhs and above
- 1st Year of Training — Rs. 450 per month
- 2nd Year of Training — Rs. 600 per month
- 3rd Year of Training — Rs. 800 per month
- City/town having a population of 3 lakhs and above but less than 20 lakhs
- 1st Year of Training — Rs. 300 per month
- 2nd Year of Training — Rs. 450 per month
- 3rd Year of Training — Rs. 600 per month
- City/town having a population of less than 3 lakhs
- 1st Year of Training — Rs. 200 per month
- 2nd Year of Training — Rs. 300 per month
- 3rd Year of Training — Rs. 450 per month
An audit clerk is entitled to get stipend at the rates prescribed as under:
- City/town having a population of One million and above
- All through out — Rs. 1,500 per month
- City/town having a population of less than One million
- All through out — Rs. 1,000 per month
The following points should be noted:
- Stipend will be determined on the basis of population as per the last published census Report.
- The amount of stipend will be determined on the basis of place of business of the Principal.
- An articled/audit clerk shall not be eligible for payment of stipend for the excess leave by him under his Principal.
- Stipend shall be paid on a month to month basis either by crossed account payee cheque or deposited in the bank account of the articled/audit clerk, specially opened for the purpose.
Note: The student may open an account and inform the Principal the Saving Bank Account number along with the name of the branch of the bank before the end of the first month of his training. Payment of stipend / Remuneration by any other mode viz. "By Cash" is not permitted.
Working HoursGuidelines relating to working time are:
- The office hours of Principal shall not start before 9.00 a.m. or after 11.00 a.m.
and end before 4.30 p.m. or after 7.00 p.m.
- Subject to the above overall guidelines, the determination of normal working hours applicable to articled clerks should be left to be decided by the Principal;
- An articled clerk should however work at least 6 hours every day (in case six-day week is observed, at least six hours every day for five days and the remaining hours on the sixth day so as to fulfill the requirements of work time; and
- Working hours should normally be uniform for all articled clerks. However, the Principal may relax the observance of uniform working hours in the case of articled clerks, undergoing regular graduation course in a college, provided all the conditions as above are fulfilled.
Leave EntitlementThe following conditions may be noted:
- Reasonable notice is required to be given by the articled/audit clerk to the Principal.
- For the purpose of preparing for the examination of the Institute leave shall be granted for 2 months, or to the extent due as per his entitlement whichever is less provided an application for leave is made at least 15 days in advance.
- The Institute's examination days, (including intervening holidays), or days for attending a course at an Academy of Accounting conducted by the Institute shall not be treated as leave.
- The period of attendance, with the consent of the Principal, at a conference, course or seminar organised by the Institute including a Regional Council, for the benefit of articled / audit clerks, will also be treated as period actually served under articles / audit service and not leave.